Santorini Wine Adventure: Sunset Tour
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PJF7VT
Taste the celebrated wines of Santorini and admire the charming landscapes during sunset time as you move between three of the most distinctive island wineries on a 4-Hour sunset wine-tasting tour.
Learn about the island’s unique viticulture, which is amongst the first to produce wine in the Mediterranean, and explore the cellars of each winery to see where the wine is bottled and matured.
Sample some of the top wine vintages each estate has to showcase served alongside local snacks and enjoy views of the iconic Santorini’s sunset during wine-tastings at the final winery visit.
- Explore the crème de la crème wine estates of Santorini
- Taste a selection of 12 different wines in three celebrated wineries
- Enjoy delicious platters of cheese from small Greek producers
- Listen to expert advice about Greek wines, food pairing, and wine-tasting
- Enjoy personalized attention and hear interesting facts about wine from your wine-expert guide
- Experience a wine-tasting session during sunset time at a hill-top winery on the volcanic cliffs
- Take part in one of a kind experience, ideal for all individuals who enjoy wine, regardless amount of knowledge
- Hotel / Airbnb pickup & drop-off
Sunset Tour Route: May to October
- Estate Argyros or Avantis Winery
- Gavalas Winery or Hatzidakis Winery
- Santo Winery or Venetsanos Winery (Sunset views, Greek cheeses & tapas)
What is Included:
- Hotel / Airbnb pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by Mercedes-Benz air-conditioned mini-van
- Visits at three traditional Santorini wineries
- 12 different wine-tastings from Santorini and Greece
- English-speaking wine expert guide / Sommelier
- A tapas platter filled with cheese and snacks at the final winery
- All taxes
- Admissions and tasting fees at the wineries
The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces.
This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
This is a small group(shared) tour, that can accommodate up to 8 people.
Operated as private, the tour can accommodate larger groups upon request.
Duration 4 hours approx. The exact duration may vary.
Departs from Monday to Saturday at 15:30-16:30 pm approx. (start time may vary depending on pickup location and seasonality).
Available from May to early October.
Parts of Santorini are built on a slope, in case your hotel /Airbnb is inaccessible by car due to landscape, pedestrianized areas, or any other restrictions, your pickup will be set at a nearby meeting point location within walking distance from your accommodation that will be advised after your booking.
The tour operator reserves the right to alter/shift the time-frame of the tour due to unforeseen circumstances, weather conditions, and slots/tables available at the tasting rooms of the wineries that day. Your tour might start at a little later or prior time in a continuous effort to provide a better service and to secure a smoother experience for all of our guests.
Our e-commerce website accepts payments with all major credit cards and PayPal, the booking process is seamless - it should only take a moment to book any of our experiences online.
In case you are trying to book one of our experiences through our website and your transaction is not successful you may try booking by using a different card, pay with PayPal or get in touch with your bank/credit card issuer to describe them the situation and kindly ask them to release any restriction they might have placed on your card or our website.
From our experience, we have noticed that there are times that overseas banks/credit card companies place a short of security on overseas web transactions, as a measure of extra protection for the cardholder.
Again, if the problem persists please try using a different card or select the Pay with PayPal option on our website.
Even if you do not have a PayPal account, PayPal acts similarly as a credit card and pulls up a credit card processor to enter your card number.
Payments with PayPal seem to work well in such cases where credit cards fail.