Santorini Wine Adventure: Daytime Tour
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: P0QRQW
Sip your way around Santorini on a half-day wine tour, visiting three traditional wineries dotted around the picturesque island.
Learn about the ancient vineyard of Santorini, the history of the island through the centuries, and how the volcanic soils influence its wine-making.
Visit 3 traditional wineries dotted around the picturesque island and taste a selection of 12 different wines served with local cheese and island tapas.
While savoring up to 12 different varietals made from grapes such as the indigenous Assyrtiko, learn all about the island’s unique viticulture that produces
some of the crispest whites and seductively sweet wines in the Mediterranean.
Walk around a volcanic vineyard, explore the wineries' cellars and enjoy a platter of local cheese to eat alongside the wine.
- 4.5-hour wine tour in Santorini, led by a wine expert guide.
- Visit three traditional wineries dotted around the picturesque island.
- Admire the charming countryside filled with scenic villages and rolling hills.
- Walk around a volcanic vineyard and learn about the island's unique viticulture.
- Explore the cellars of each winery and see where their wine is bottled and matured.
- Sample up to 12 different wines such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri, and Vinsanto.
- Enjoy a platter of cheese and snacks to eat alongside wine-tastings.
- Hotel / Airbnb pickup and drop-off.
Day Tour Route (April to October)
- Hatzidakis Winery
- Venetsanos Winery or Santo Winery
- Avantis Winery
Sunset Tour Route: (PM departures - 3:30 to 4.30 pm) May to October
- Avantis Winery
- Gavalas Winery or Hatzidakis Winery
- Santo Winery or Venetsanos Winery (Sunset views, Greek cheeses & tapas)
* For sunset wine tour bookings, please book the Santorini Wine Adventure: Sunset Tour option on the main booking screen
What is Included:
- Pickup & drop-off at your Hotel or Airbnb.
- Transportation by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz minivan.
- Visits at three renowned wineries featured in respected wine magazines such as Wine Spectator & Robert Parker.
- Wine-tasting of 12 different wine styles from Santorini and Greece.
- English-speaking wine expert guide/sommelier.
- Mini wine-tasting tutorial of Greek wines.
- Local cheese and snacks to eat alongside wine tastings.
- All taxes.
- Admissions and tasting fees at the wineries.
The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces.
This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
This is a small group (shared) tour, that can accommodate up to 8 people.
Operated as private, the tour can accommodate larger groups upon request.
Duration 4,5 hours approx. The exact duration may vary.
Departs from Monday to Saturday at 10 am (pick-up time may vary depending on pickup location).
Small-Group Tour operates Monday to Saturday from April to October.
Private Tours are running Monday to Sunday.
Parts of Santorini are built on a slope, in case your hotel /Airbnb is inaccessible by car due to landscape, pedestrianized areas or any other restrictions, your pickup will be set a nearby meeting point location within walking distance from your accommodation that will be advised after your booking.
The tour operator reserves the right to alter/shift the time frame of the tour and/or tour route due to unforeseen circumstances, weather conditions, and slots/tables available at the tasting rooms of the wineries that day. Your tour might start at a little later or prior time in a continued effort to provide a better service and to secure a smoother experience for all of our guests.
Our e-commerce website accepts payments with all major credit cards and PayPal, the booking process is seamless - it should only take a moment to book any of our experiences online.
In case you are trying to book one of our experiences through our website and your transaction is not successful you may try booking by using a different card, pay with PayPal or get in touch with your bank/credit card issuer to describe them the situation and kindly ask them to release any restriction they might have placed on your card or our website.
From our experience, we have noticed that there are times that overseas banks/credit card companies place a short of security on overseas web transactions, as a measure of extra protection for the cardholder.
Again, if the problem persists please try using a different card or select the Pay with PayPal option on our website.
Even if you do not have a PayPal account, PayPal acts similarly as a credit card and pulls up a credit card processor to enter your card number.
Payments with PayPal seem to work well in such cases where credit cards fail.